In February 2017, Comfort Keepers announced a partnership with Lyft, the fastest growing on-demand transportation service in the nation. This program offers a new level of senior independence and ensures that seniors can age in their homes even when they no longer can drive.
Comfort Keepers is working with Lyft to deliver safe, reliable, affordable, and hassle-free rides without the need for cash or credit card transactions. Additionally, this unique partnership enables seniors to access the benefits of a technology-based service without the hassle of using apps or smartphones.
“Our mission is to help seniors age in place as independently and comfortably as possible. Trusted transportation for seniors gives caregivers and seniors alike peace of mind that they have access to easy, fast, and affordable transportation,” said Sarosh Mistry, Chief Executive Officer, CK Franchising, Inc.
“Reliable transportation not only allows seniors to remain independent, but it also reduces isolation and loneliness, two aspects that play a crucial role in overall well-being and quality of life.”
About the Partnership
- The Comfort Keepers and Lyft service is designed specifically for seniors and those with mobility challenges.
- To request a ride with Lyft, clients simply call their local Comfort Keepers office.
- No app or smartphone is required. Lyft’s Concierge tool handles all ride coordination.
- Lyft vehicles are comfortable, safe, and can accommodate wheelchairs and walkers.
- On average, most Lyft rides cost 35% less than other transportation services.
- There are no transactions at the time of the ride. All Lyft services are added to the client’s Comfort Keepers invoice.
“Lyft is committed to improving how the elderly and people with disabilities experience life by providing convenient, on-demand transportation to those who need it most,” said Gyre Renwick, head of enterprise healthcare partnerships at Lyft.
“We’re thrilled that we can work with organizations such as Comfort Keepers because it means we help make a difference in people’s lives by reducing isolation and empowering people to age with independence and mobility.”
The importance of senior transportation
- Convenience: Reliable transportation ensures that seniors can continue to participate in social outings, family gatherings, and other important activities like medical appointments, with or without a caregiver.
- Safety: Lyft can also be beneficial for seniors who are still able to drive but may not want to in certain situations, such as inclement weather or at night.
- Availability: In addition to in-home service and respite care that Comfort Keepers provides, transportation has always been an important offering to ensure seniors can get to medical appointments and go shopping. By partnering with Lyft, Comfort Keepers further expands its senior transportation options.
Lyft was founded in June 2012 by Logan Green and John Zimmer to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. Lyft is the fastest growing rideshare company in the U.S and is available in 300 cities. Lyft is preferred by drivers and passengers for its safe and friendly experience, and its commitment to effecting positive change for the future of our cities.
For more information about the Lyft and Comfort Keepers partnership and services, please visit www.ComfortKeepers.com/Lyft.